Thursday, July 9, 2009

And baby makes 3! .......or is it 7??

The discussion of children wasn't a hard one, we both wanted them and the sooner the better! We were ready to expand our family almost as soon the wedding was over. I think our pets were kind of our "starter" children! 2 dogs, a cat, and a very social turtle....yup, those are my babies! But, cute as they may be, we wanted a real baby. So there it began, our bumpy road to parenthood. They spend so much time in health class teaching us how easy it is to become pregnant, and not one bit of advice for when things are not so easy.
As I type this today I am nearly 34 weeks pregnant. There was a time that I could not imagine being where I am today. Just getting pregnant was a struggle all its own, and having suffered through two losses makes it a heart breaking journey. Austin and I found a way to pick ourselves back up and try again. In December of 2008, we found out that we were pregnant again! After many sonograms and tests we learned we had a healthy baby girl on the way! There just isn't any words to describe how happy and blessed we felt, and still feel. Our darling daughter is due in late August, her name is Zoe Elise. Every night since finding out we were pregnant I have said the same prayer. "Lord, thank you for today, please continue to watch over all of us and help to keep us safe, strong, healthy and growing. Thank you, Amen".


2 comments:

  1. That is so amazing you had the strenth to keep trying. I'll keep you, Austin and Zoe in my prayers for a safe delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me all teary-eyed Courtney. I'm so glad that you and Austin have a healthy baby girl on the way - I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete